Thursday, July 7, 2011

My So Called Life

The epitimy of teen life in the 90s, this television series is currently running on the Sundance channel and I'm falling in love with it all over again. Although I have been out of high school for going on the third years now, this show is again bringing back those oh so familiar feelings of my first high school crush, best friends, heartbreaks and make-ups. This is a huge suggestion to anybody whos going, currently in, or have been to high school. Unlike any other teenage show or movie, Winnie Holzman did an epicable job catching what goes threw the minds of any and every teenager from the wild child to the prom queen and ofcourse the girl who just doesn't know who she is or her place in the world. Being a young adolescense is some of the hardest years in everyones life. But just like everything else it comes to an end and sometimes its just nice to have something to remind us of how hard it was and that we made it threw.
Too bad the show only made it one season :(

Heres a monologue from Brian writing a letter for Jordan to give to the main character Angela.
"Dear Angela,
I know in the past I've caused you pain and I'm sorry
And I'll always be sorry, until the day I die
And I hate this pen I'm holding because I should be holding you
I hate this paper under my hand because it isn’t you
I even hate this letter because its not the hold truth
Because the whole truth is so much more than a letter can even say
If you want to hate me go head
If you want to burn this letter...do it
You could burn the whole world down
You can tell me to go to hell
I'd go
..If you wanted me too
And I'll send you a letter from there
Sincerly,
Jordan Catalano"

No comments:

Post a Comment